Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recipes

I love to watch the Duggar Family on Discovery Health. Because of the recent switch to digital, we now have basic cable and I am faithful to watching the Duggar's on Wednesday nights at 9:00. Gotta love that family. Is there anything sweeter than a mom and dad who love the Lord and are raising children in a Godly home? I don't think I was cut out for 18 children but hats off to Jim Bob and Michelle for being such a wonderful example to the American public!
I had to share a recipe that I just love that I got from the Duggar's website. It is their homemade laundry detergent. I made some last week and my husband love's it. He said our clothes smell so good. The key though is not in the laundry detergent smell but the borax in the ingredients brings out the smell of our fabric softener. My husband researched borax and apparently that is one of the features of what that product does. It intensifies. Anyways, for about $10 a year, you could make your own detergent. Stains have come right out and I am thrilled about my new find!
To find the ingredients, google the Duggar family and look under recipes.
One more thing, the tater tot casserole is yummy too!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I wanted to try the laundry soap recipe but just haven't got to it! So, you really like it, huh? What's the texture of it? Would it be smooth enough to come out of a big detergent dispenser with a spout? I buy my laundry soap from Sam's and just keep refilling the container. It would be nice if I could make my own soap seeing as we use so much.