Sunday, August 24, 2008

A little about me


I have joined a blog group called Homeschool Memoirs and I am supposed to tell a little about me in hopes that other homeschooling bloggers will visit my Faith, Family, Friends blog and I in turn will be encouraged by theirs. So, here is a little about me, my family and our homeschooling journey.
I have 3 children. One in 8th grade, 4th grade and a preschooler. We live in the country, surrounded by farm fields and I love country living. I like to can, freeze, bake, cook. I am my husband's biggest fan in the kitchen department. I'd love to learn to sew but I have tried it and have come to the conclusion that garage sales are the way to go for me. My brain does not work well with patterns and garage sales are cheaper.
We have homeschooled from the beginning and we use the classical style. I love having my kids at home with me. Most days are busy with schooling and housekeeping and chauffering. I started with another friend a classical coop 6 years ago. Since the year we started, we have had an average of 20 families participate ranging from 80-100 people who were involved. It has been a great blessing in my life and my children's life. However, this year, we have decided to take a year off and just enjoy being a family with not quite so many commitments. I am looking forward to this.
I hope you will get to know me a little better. My blog is mostly entry's about how the Lord is working in my life. You hear from me on the good days and the not so good days. I find blogging to be therapeutic and I ask the Lord to make my entry's a blessing to others who read them. I am as real as you can get. I don't like fake or pretend. I don't try to act like my family is perfect. I realize I am a sinner saved by grace and that I am very inadequate but God uses willing vessels. I hope you will visit and that my thoughts will be a blessing to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want so very much to learn to can and freeeze food. I admire you for that. I enjoy garage sales, but don't go because I don't want to go alone!

I enjoy being home with my children every day. Homeschool is such a blessing in so many ways.

It is nice to blog meet you.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading and learning more about you, your family, and the Lord...the ups and the downs. Love "real" blogs.
Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh