Monday, January 21, 2008

Dinner Recipes

This is for those of you who have been asking for more healthy recipes. These past 2 nights my family has raved about dinner so I thought I would share with you. Last night we had Teryaki Salmon. The recipe was for 4 5oz. filets. The teryaki was made with 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, 1/2 cup of white wine, 3 TBSP of brown sugar, 2 TBSP of soy sauce. Boil this on the stove and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the salmon and cook each side for 3-4 min. on 350 degrees. I doubled the recipe. I served this with fresh asparagus and a salad made with romaine, yellow peppers, avacado, real bacon bits, fresh crumbled gorgonzola cheese(similiar to crumbly blue) and Good Seasons Italian dressing in the packet. I like the mild italian. I make it with olive or canola oil. It is excellent!
Tonights dinner was Chicken breast cut down the center but not all the way through and open the breast up on each side. I filled it with fresh spinach, ham and colby, monterey cheese. Roll the breast up. Sprinkle seasoning on top. Whatever you like. I used minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. For a grain we had bulgar wheat which resembles rice. I boiled 1 cup in 2 cups of vegetable broth for 40 minutes. You can do so much with bulgar wheat. It is cheap and one of your healthiest grains. It can be cooked with veggies, as a pilaf, or used cold in a salad. We had corn for a veggie and pineapple for dessert.
My family loved everything and they commented on the dinners so much that I had to share these recipes with you. Let me know if you try any of these? I'd like to know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow they both sound so delicious!! I will definitely be making both of these meals..I will let you know what the guys think!! Thanks so much for posting these...xoxoxox tell everybody I said Hi!

Anonymous said...

Ange where are you?? No more entries lately??